2017 marks LP’s twentieth year of manufacturing LP® SmartSide® siding, which has become a leading brand in the North American building industry. But that’s not the only milestone we’re celebrating this year!
Since 1997, LP has sold 10 billion square feet of LP SmartSide siding. That’s more than 358 square miles of siding! So, just how much area will that amount cover? Laid end to end, 10 billion square feet of our 16-foot lap siding would stretch 625,000,000 feet – or halfway between the Earth and the moon! The distance between the Earth and the moon is 238,855 miles or 1,261,154,000 feet.
Fun Facts About 10 Billion Square Feet
Here are some additional fun facts that illustrate what 10 billion square feet of LP SmartSide siding can cover.
- All of Dallas, which is a land area of 340.50 square miles or 9,492,600,000 square feet.
- Around seven and a half Disney Worlds, which equals a land area of 48 square miles or 1,338,000,000 square feet.
- More than 270 Central Parks, an area of 1.32 square miles or 36,715,853 square feet.
- More than 2,000 Vatican Cities, an area of 0.17 square miles or 4,736,122 square feet.
- More than 4,500 Grand Central Stations, a land area of 0.07 square miles or 2,045,143 square feet.
- More than 170,000 American football fields, an area of 57,600 square feet.
- Explore Ideas for Your Next Project
LP SmartSide siding is an excellent choice for builders, remodelers and homeowners who want beautiful curb appeal and the easy maintenance that comes from engineered wood products. If you’re ready for installation, a variety of prefinished siding and prefinished wood trim profiles are available in a range of popular color finishes through LP Preferred Prefinishers. You can also explore beautiful siding and trim color combinations with the LP SmartSide Visualizer.
Here’s to the next 10 billion square feet. Happy birthday, LP SmartSide! The future is looking bright.